When meeting with clients over the years, I often ask, why they have made a appointment to meet me?
Often, the response is – ‘I had it on my mind for a while to do something about this’ or ‘I wanted to get this in place for a while but the thoughts of it sent me to sleep’!
I get that.
Life cover, savings plans and the dreaded P word (I can barely bring myself to type the word pension..) are not sexy or exciting things to make time for, but they are very important.
Some of the areas clients have said that they have been putting on the long finger include:
- I think we’re been over charged for our mortgage protection/health/life cover but don’t know what to do about it.
- I’d like to have a savings plan in place for my children but don’t know how to go about it.
- I know I need life cover for my family but I’m not sure how much cover and I don’t want to spend too much.
- I have a pension from a previous employer but don’t know what to do with it or what it is worth.
- I know I need some sort of pension but don’t know where to start.
- I’m self employed and don’t know what will happen if I can’t work.
- My health insurance is costing me a fortune but I don’t know how to get the best value on the market.
The common theme is that people know they need some sort of a plan but they don’t have one in place and that causes anxiety.
Ok, I need a financial review & plan – but I don’t have the time/money/patience to set one up.
Setting up a financial plan isn’t difficult, time consuming or expensive and there isn’t anything over complicated about it. Here is how the process works:
- After making initial contact with us, we will send you a fact find to complete.
- A fact find, gives us a snap shot of your current circumstances and will help us to identify if there are any areas you need to focus on. You can complete this in your own time online or we can post you out a manual version.
- We can then meet with you in our office or talk over the phone about what you want out of the plan.
- We will put a plan together, identifying the areas of your finances you need to look at and providing you with some solutions.
- After going through the plan with you, you can decide to move forward with the solutions or not.
- If you do move forward with the solutions, we will help source the products that will suit you from the available Irish & UK markets.
- We will help explain the products and help you complete the forms.
- We will review your plan regularly and make sure you stay on course.
That sounds straight forward, but what’s in it for you & why should I go with Power Insurances?
Obviously, we need to get paid for the work involved, but in the majority of cases our fees are paid by the insurance companies. For example if we set up a life policy for you, it won’t cost you anymore for the life policy than it would if you went direct, but we get paid a commission from the company for helping you choose the correct policy. We also have fee only options if that suits better. As for the reasons to use Power Insurances for advice:
- Power Insurance’s are independent qualified, financial advisers (QFA’s) who offer a fair analysis of the market to our clients (As opposed to a bank ‘adviser’ who only deals with one insurer).
- We have been in business for over 60 years and stand over all our long term policies.
- As well as Life, pension and protection advice, we can also help you with mortgage applications, health insurance, general insurance etc. So you can have one point of contact for all your policies.
- We deal with over 30 insurers and underwriters and will help you through the maze that is the Irish insurance market.
So don’t put it off any longer, the feeling that you need to get your finances in order won’t go away. Email: Jim@powerinsurances.ie or call 061226722 – It’s easier than you think!